Wellness Policy and Food Service Evaluation
The Governing Board recognizes the link between student health and learning and desires to provide a comprehensive program promoting healthy eathing and physical activity for district students. The district shall coordinate and align district efforts to support student wellness through health education, physical education and activity, health services, nutrition services, psychological and counseling services, and a safe and healthy school environment. In addition, the district shall develop strategies for promoting staff wellness and for involving parents/guardians and the community in reinforcing students' understanding and appreciation of the importance of a healthy lifestyle.
Student Wellness Policy (BP 5030)
The WUHSD Health Committee meets at least once every 2 years to assess the implementation and effectiveness of the Student Wellness Policy and to update the policy as necessary.
Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Wellness Committee Meeting (11/15/2015)
- Wellness Committee Meeting (2/16/2017)
- Wellness Committee Meeting (1/30/2019)
California Department of Education (CDE) Resources
- School Nutrition Program Guidelines
- Competitive Food and Beverages
- Local School Wellness Policy
- Nutrition Bulletin Updates
- SFA Administrative Review